KLT welcomes visitors on many of its properties and encourages reporting of flora and fauna sightings, abuses, or other suspicious activities. Commercial and institutional users are asked to contact KLT in advance of any group activities.
Please respect these regulations at all times:
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed.
- Camping and fires are not allowed.
- No litter: carry in/carry out. Please clean up after your dog.
- Do not disturb or remove any plants, wildlife, soils, or cultural artifacts.
- Dumping of refuse or yard waste is not allowed.
- Construction of any structures, roads or trails is prohibited.
Dogs will be under owner’s or handler’s control at all times when on KLT owned or protected properties. Waste disposal bags must be carried and used to carry waste off property.
In the event a KLT property has a special need for dogs to be on a leash, the property will be so designated. An example would be if KLT is using a property for cottontail or other species habitat restoration. Policy on properties where KLT holds a conservation easement will be governed by the CE wording, if more restrictive. In the event of special cases, such as habitat restoration, property entrances will be specially posted with signs.
Additional restrictions on some or all properties may apply and visitors should consult posted signs and updates to this website.
Have a safe and enjoyable visit on some of the most beautiful and valued lands in Kittery!
If you have any questions about our policies, please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail.